Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sansei Wrap-up and More (Good?) Memories

Thanks for all the purchases at the Sansei League Closing Ceremonies.  Great weather helped too!  Another memory of mine from Sansei League was sitting on the bench and the coach asking me to start warming up.  We were getting pounded, so get the next pitcher ready... right?  (Well, except for the fact that he never had me practice pitching before.)  I think I threw about 3 pitches on the sideline and then he goes to the mound and waves me in...  (Great, I'm not warmed up, I've never pitched in a game or practice before, and I am very nervous!)  He gives me the ball and says not to worry about the runner on first, just let him run.  (Luckily, thanks to all my baseball knowledge, I tell him that I can pitch out of  the stretch position and we can hold the runner on.)  I think I gave up a hit and got an out, before one of my friends came to the plate and blasted one over the left field fence and off the roof of a house.  Fond memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment